Saturday, April 11, 2009

What's In A Name / A Pansol Discovery

This blog's title is a dedication to a Karaoke bar formerly called "Beat The Heat" in Quezon City, Philippines, where I met this wonderful singer named "Maxene".  The bar has since changed it's name and Maxene no longer works there, but I sure miss both... a lot!

That bar has nothing to do with the content of this blog, but the name is a perfect title for what would probably make up most of my first few posts... beating the heat this summer! 

Recently a friend recommended this private pool in Pansol, Laguna. I hadn't seen the place before, I was just shown a few "okay" photos, so I had low expectations. This was one of the cheaper private pools in town even before the discount that was given to us, so we decided to try out "Zac & Ice" private pool.


I was pleasantly surprised at how appealing this place was. It was constructed in good taste. I loved the colors on the wall and the arched entrance as seen in the above photo (click on a photo for a bigger and better version). There are 2 bedrooms - the main bedroom was really nice, it had it's own big bathroom. This room is much better than what I have seen in many other resorts in Pansol. The second room was not as good, I'd say it's pretty average. There's a second bathroom with 2 shower stalls and a toilet - the showers were not working at that time - there was one huge pail (Orocan?) inside however. This common bathroom was not as good as the one in the Master's bedroom but it was also clean. Each room had 2 beds - a big (queen sized I think) bed and a single bed. Nice, clean and well-kept rooms overall.


There's a Karaoke area at the other end of the pool (opposite the bedrooms/kitchen), a grill, 2-burner stove, 2 refrigerators - a standard ref and a Coke ref that could probably easily fit 10 cases of beer I believe - no need to worry about cold beverages! In the kitchen there's a kaldero, a wok, and some cooking/eating utensils but hardly complete. I would advice those who would come here to bring additional cooking and eating implements.


About the swimming pool itself, well, what can I say? It's the usual suberb hot-spring water from the mountains of Mt. Makiling... very soothing and perfect for night swimming. 

One more good thing about this place - there are no other private pools within shouting distance so you wouldn't hear any other loud videoke singing drunks from the neighborhood but yourselves!

All in all, I would recommend this to those who want a quick affordable weekend getaway. If you wish to contact the owner email me at jobotonio@yahoo.co.uk

20 comments:

  1. Can i have a contact number of this place? It looks so interesting and a nice place to have an outing. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous -- please give me your email address so I can send the details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi can you also send me the contact details.... asap... thanks in advance, :) 09432706641.

      Delete
  3. can you please send the details..

    john_kaisan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! may i know the contact details for this place? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To those who would like to know the contact details, etc, please include your email address with your comments, or email me directly at jobotonio@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi can u pls send me the contact details of this place tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my email add is trish_0227@yahoo.com tnx

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, pls send contact nos. of this resort. thanks - raincloud06@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to all those asking for the owner's contact info. can't reach him on his mobile anymore... probably changed his number.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi can you please tell me the details :) here`s my email hannah_vicedo@yahoo.com :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. contact info pls...

    wilson.tiu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mail me the details please :)

    nathan_rod15@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi.. can u send me the details?

    zielleromero@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Details please !! :)

    hannah_vicedo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi please email me the contact number, for_ur_eyes_ully@yahoo.com thankss

    ReplyDelete
  16. please send me the details.. planning to stay for 2 nights and 3 days (10 pax) ceejay_segovia@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, can you please send me the details? Planning to stay for 2 days (January 1-2). Kindly email at ruth-7311[at]hotmail[dot]com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi can you send me the cellphone number of your contact on this private pool. 09266143907 thnaks. ellacassandra@yahoo.com in fb thnaks so much

    ReplyDelete
  19. pls send me the contact details. TIA! 09432706641

    ReplyDelete

Website Counter
Free Counter